Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lemonade Moment: DJ's Birthday

When was the last time you were actually excited about your birthday? You know that can't sleep the night before giddy with excitement type. For me it's been ages, but for individuals like DJ it happens every year. DJ has CP and because of it is unable to verbally communicate, but trust me that does not stop him from speaking volumes. I had the privilege of getting to celebrate his 17th birthday. To say the least I was instantly humbled.

Tearing through paper, ropes and bouncing balls were found. These simple items were accepted as if a lottery had been hit! Each card was also instantly analyzed and quick hugs given. Next came the cake with as many candles that could fit per the bday boys request. I am not going to lie, I shed a tear when he first saw the cake I had made and the clapping and huge grin that followed. He instantly pointed to his Oregon hat and then to the football themed cake. He could see my vision. My heart was touched. I wish words could describe the amazing birthday party better but I am at loss for them. It's a reminder of the simple things once again! Below are a few pictures from the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment