Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Mania: Introduction and Turning the Phone Off

One the biggest lemons in my life and I know others, is very simply stress. We stress about this and that and everything in between. Why I would love to solve everyone's problems, I can not and will not even begin to try. However, I can give some suggestions on how to take steps to live a simplier less complicated and stressed filled life.


Remember the old days when cellphones
did not exist?
(Pinterest)

Night Time Phone Off

I am a phone addict. I love to text, facebook, email, take pictures, Instagram, and Pinterest at all times. I feel lost when my phone goes missing and probably check all of the above at least a few times a day. Its a problem. Does this sound famaliar to you? Well I am sure I am not the only one out there with a phone addiction. I really thought about it one time and realized, I am addicted, because I love knowing what is going on and use it as a way to curb boredom/feel included. But what I have found, is that social media makes me feel left out (another blog post in the making), pinterest/craft boards make me feel less worhy/creative, and texting makes my friendships inpersonal and have lead to conflicts which really should not happen. AKA STRESS!!! Plus staring at that screen all the time can not be good for you! So I have started to take measures to eliminate this stressful item from my life at least a little bit.




Lemon:

Phone Addiction

Lemonade Idea:

After realizing the errors of my ways and the fact that phones actually take up more time then people think thus resulting in stress for the fact that you are losing productivity time. I decided to take action by TURNING THE PHONE OFF. My phone goes off by 8PM every night unless I am in the middle of a conversation or know that someone needs to contact me. I hate the excuse- well I use it as my alarm. Guess what... Turn it on airplane mode and it works just as well! Ever since I have praticed this, I go to bed less anxious and also find that I am more motivated to read or just plain sleep. (I have begun to apply the same rule to my computer unless I watch a TV show, which I also try to limit) It seems so easy, but making a change is hard. It will make you realize things you never had. This may seem like a litte change, but you will be surprised the effect it has on you. I find during the day I am also less reliant and more interested in doing other things, like my work ;) So give it a try and see how it goes!

What do you do to stop your cell phone addiction?



No comments:

Post a Comment