I am in the process of reading for the second time, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It is a book I recommend to anyone and everyone, even those that are happy. It is a tale of life and the simple things that we get tangled up in and end up consuming our lives making us feel somewhat unhappy and uncertain. In addition to the book, I have been following her blog as well (link located to the right). The blog is a wealth of resources on the subject and a great extension to the book. I have even used her toolkit to formulate my own project...small hint.. it lead me to this blog project. No matter what this is an enjoyable read for all, don't be surprised if you are one of my friends it ends up in your stocking at Christmas!
Below is a little sneak peak of her brilliance, and the best part is that we probably already know these things!
Ten Myths About Happiness
(clicking the links will take you to the blog and explanation of the myth)
"No. 1: Happy people are annoying and stupid.
No. 3: Venting anger relieves it.
No. 5: A “treat” will cheer you up.
No. 6: Money can’t buy happiness.
No. 10: The biggest myth: It’s selfish to try to be happier."

No comments:
Post a Comment