While I wish I was 007 and had all the cool gadgets, I am not and can proudly say I am an unique individual who has something to give that is not all theatrics. I know pride is a word that many do not use, but I think in this case, I am going to use it because I am proud I have come through so much in the past couple months. Those that have been following my blog (so excited to say there were a few) are probably confused why all my posts have gone away and I have gone through a complete revamp. (Sorry...the drama is gone) Well the truth is that I really would like to put the past in the past, accept it happened, learn from it, and move on. To be fair though for my new followers, I will give you a quick recap of what happened since it inspired the idea for the blog in the first place. It is very simple, I lost the will to want to live a happy and fulfilled life. I was what they call, a lost puppy. I needed hugs and love (except pushed my friends far far away and got mad when they got angry with me), but couldn't seem to really find home.
I have found home! I wish I could say that it was a really easy journey, but it took a lot of hard work in my part to adjust my attitude and rediscover passions. To really turn some lemons into lemonade. My old blog posts did not have a lot of focus and felt that to best tell the story of turning lemons into lemonade was to clean house a bit and organize. This "remodeled" blog will be a blog that features others as well as myself and I hope more then anything to use it as a way to continue my joy. I learned so much about myself by simply writing and reflecting and not being afraid to state what I was truly feeling. I hope to continue that idea. So lets dive into the nitty gritty of the blog... To showcase some of the topics you will be seeing, I have written a little reflection about what I was and what I am now to demonstrate some of the lemons I have had and the lemonade that has resulted.
I loved photography (was accepted to art school), but gave it up becuase I did not feel like I was good enough or as talented as everyone else... NOW I am taking photo classes and using instragram and not carrying about everyone else. (No longer counting how many people heart my photos!)
I loved to cook and bake (secretly have a dream of having one of those bistros that you see in movies), but did not do it because everyone never seemed excited about my cooking... NOW I am going to be completing a cooking/baking challenge via this blog. A new recipe a week?
I loved to craft (hours could be spent watching movies and making cards), but stopped because I felt everyone else was way more creative then me... NOW I am going to be featuring crafters I admire, but also my own crafts. There are so many talented people in the world and I can be one!
I loved to go shopping, but everyone seemed skinnier then me and better able to fit in clothes....NOW I am learning what fashion is and how to dress my body type... Its hard but I love every second of it!
I loved my friends, but felt everyone did not like me, had no desire to hang out with me, and I started concentrating on people I thought were best friends only to learn I pushed away my real best friends... NOW I am focusing on spending time with the ones I truly love who want to spend time with me (Effort is a two way street). Hoping they will be willing to share on this blog about their own lemons and lemonade!
I loved to discuss the world around me, but it seemed to me that everyone thought my opinions were redicuioulous so I started ingnoring my own opinions and forming with the crowd...NOW I want to discuss what is going on and do not care if my opinion is not a popular one... isnt that the point of discussion anyways, multiple perspectives?
This is only a glimpse of the fun to come. One key thing that will never change about this blog is that there are struggles out there (lemons- not everyday is a sunny day), but those struggles can be conquered and a happy life is completely attainable (lemonade). So the journey begins and I thank all those people a part of my journey and those future contributors!
No comments:
Post a Comment